A new program aimed at helping youth ages 18-25 find work launched this week at the Career Assistance Network (CAN) and it’s free for Red Deer and area youth not attending high school.
Alberta youth unemployment is nearly 300 per cent higher than the national unemployment rate. Finding work in Alberta has never been more difficult for those 18 to 25.
This free Youth Employment Services program provides individuals with a variety of vital job search services and supports to help individuals find the work they want.
- Self-help bay at their office, which includes access to an employment specialists, job advertisements, computer access, phone access, etc.
- Individual one-on-one supports to develop a resume, interview preparation assistance, career planning, online job applications, etc.
- Monthly employer presentations and connections
- Quarterly job fairs targeted towards employers hiring for individuals within the youth demographic
- Free group workshops reviewing job search techniques, resume building, interview preparation, social media and technology, etc.
To find out how we can help you find the work you want in today’s tough job market, contact them at 102, 5214 47th Avenue, Red Deer. Or call them 403-341-7811 or visit their website at https://www.rdcan.ca/
-CAN Facebook photo