At this afternoon’s regular council meeting, Red Deer city council approved an increase to utility rates.
Starting March 1, the average household will pay about $0.87 per month more on their electrical bill.
Electric utility rates include distribution, transmission, local access and other industry charges.
The transmission charge is the charge for using the provincial transmission system. This is a charge from the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) paid by all customers.
The distribution charge is the charge for the city’s delivery services.
- Building, operating, maintaining, upgrading and replacing power lines and facilities
- 24-hour emergency response and repair
- Office operations
- Installing and reading electricity meters
- Providing consumption and tariff billing information to your retailer
- Providing safety and energy awareness information