Red Deer County is re-opening of County Centre located at 38106 Range Road 275 to the public as of June 15. The county said it continues to act in collaboration with the Government of Alberta’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
All other county owned buildings remain closed to the public at this time.
With the re-opening of County Centre to the public as part of the Stage 2 relaunch, the county is taking several precautionary health measures. This includes:
- Monitored entry of public followed by a verbal survey
- Requirement for members of the public to use hand sanitizer prior to entry
- The use of screening or barriers at front counters
- Additional trash receptacles located strategically for discarded gloves etc.
- Use of tables or temporary workstations ahead of regular counters/personal workspaces
- Enhanced sanitation procedures for surfaces and equipment at temporary workstations
- Floor indicators for physical distancing and one-way travel
- Use of cordless payment machines
- Staff use of PPE where physical distancing cannot be maintained (masks, gloves, etc).
- Closure of washrooms to the public with subsequent signage.
- Limited public access from 12:00pm to 1:00pm (by appointment)
- Seating removed in public area(s)
- Removal of all reading materials
Red Deer County would like to remind residents and business owners they are strongly encouraged to pay all or a portion of their property taxes before July 1. Payments can be made via online banking or by placing a cheque in the secure drop box as alternatives to in-person payment.
For general inquiries please contact Red Deer County Centre at 403-350-2150.