SYLVAN LAKE – The Town of Sylvan Lake is prepareing to open the NexSource Centre for a safe relaunch for all of our users.
Here are some measures taking place to keep all users safe and healthy when returning to the facility.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The NexSource Centre will be re-opening on Sunday, July 5th. Some areas within the facility will remain closed in alignment with regulations set forth by the province. This means that the NAL Resources Children’s Play Space and the hot tub in the swimming pool will remain closed for now; there will also be restrictions in other areas of the facility and other programs may be affected
- Occupancy loads inside the NexSource Centre will be reduced in order to comply with provincial regulations. This affects the capacities of some of our drop-in programs and offerings, meaning that individual drop-in programs such as public swimming and public skating will not be offered at this time
- Altered programs such as family swimming will be available with a maximum of 50 total users in the swimming pool
- Aquafit programs will be offered with physical distancing measures in place, up to a maximum of 30 participants per session
- Fitness programs will be expanded across two Strategis Multipurpose rooms with physical distancing measures in place, up to a maximum of 20 participants per session
- All memberships will be extended from March 15th until the start of Phase Three of Alberta’s relaunch strategy, whenever that may be. For example, if Phase Three opens July 15th, (18 weeks from March 15th) that time (18 weeks) will be added to all memberships. If Phase Three extends longer, so will the extension of existing memberships
The town is also reviewing changes to check-in procedures and facility access. This may include measures such as online pre-registration for programs. More details will follow in a future update.
For any additional inquiries, please call 403-887-2199.
–Town of Sylvan Lake photo