Updated Nov. 25, 8 p.m.
Due to the recent announcement in regards to additional COVID measures from the Government of Alberta, additional changes are being implemented at the NexSource Centre, effective Friday, Nov. 27 and will be in place until at least Dec. 18.
- The North Pole Drive Thru is cancelled. Refunds will be administered to those who purchased tickets in the coming days;
- The Viewpoint Lounge and the Concession is closed;
- All parties currently booked will be cancelled and refunds will be administered
- All lessons and programs (Aquafit) in the swimming pool will be cancelled and additional capacities reduced
- Public swims have been cancelled
- The curling rink is closed and will not be available for bookings
- All team activities on the arenas are cancelled including Stick and Puck/Shinny/Public Skating; family skate times will be added and pre-registration is required
- All drop-in and registered fitness programs at the NexSource Centre are cancelled
- All upcoming recreation and culture programs are cancelled
- The golf and batting cages are available for drop-in use; pre-registration is required and users must bring their own equipment
- Pickleball is cancelled and the Community Centre is closed for bookings.
Changes are temporary and are subject to change at any time and in guidance with the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services.
SYLVAN LAKE – Holiday events in Sylvan Lake will look a little different this season. Due to the ongoing pandemic of COVID-19, the Town of Sylvan Lake has cancelled its annual holiday events surrounding ‘Light up the Lake.’ Breakfast with Santa, the Santa Claus Parade and the fireworks shows will all be cancelled this year.
Despite having to cancel the events, the town is planning a pair of additional events that allow for safe, hands-off holiday experiences.
The North Pole Drive Thru will be on Saturday Nov. 28 in the library parking lot, featuring a quick tour through an animated Christmas display and will wrap up with a safely distanced, professional photo with Santa Claus. The Spirit of Sylvan Yuletide Festival team will also be on site collecting donations for the Sylvan Lake Community Food Bank. Pre-registration for the event is required and are limited.
The town will also be hosting self-guided Twinkle Tour around Sylvan Lake. Residents and local businesses are welcome to submit their addresses to be a part of the route that will feature Christmas lights and displays from around town. The addresses will then be added to an interactive map on the town’s website from Nov. 28 – Jan. 1, allowing for residents and visitors to drive around with their families and cohort groups to take in the festive efforts of the season. Interested homes and businesses can submit their addresses through a online form on the Town’s website.
For additional and changing information, subscribe to the event calendar.