RED DEER – The Outpatient Laboratory at Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre (RDRHC) will be restricted to serving patients of the hospital’s ambulatory clinics, as well as patients who are immunocompromised or who have been referred by their physician for specialized lab testing.
This change takes effect Monday, Dec. 14.
All existing appointments at the hospital outpatient lab will be honoured, said Alberta Health Services (AHS).
Limiting lab collections at hospitals is necessary to reduce patient traffic from the community and to make the best use of laboratory resources during the COVID-19 pandemic, said AHS.
Patients requiring regular blood work and other community lab service should attend the Elements@RiversEdge facility operated by DynaLIFE Medical Labs at 5002 55 Street, Red Deer.
Community lab service is available at this facility by appointment or by walk-in.
Patients are encouraged to book appointments for lab work, which helps to better manage the flow of patients and help limit the potential spread of COVID-19.
Patients are reminded to cancel their lab appointments if they are unable to attend, so that their time will be available for others who can use it.
Lab service in Red Deer can be accessed at the following locations and times:
Community Lab Service
- Monday to Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturdays 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Appointments (preferred) & walk-in service.
- Appointments can be booked at DynaLIFE online at qme.dynalife.ca or by calling 1-877-702-4486 (toll-free).
Red Deer Regional Hospital, Outpatient Lab Service
Ambulatory Clinic Patients, Immunocompromised Patients, Special Collections
- Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (closed statutory holidays)
- The Outpatient Lab will be by appointment only for pre-qualified hospital collections. Ambulatory patients already on site for other services will also be seen at the Outpatient Lab.
- Appointments can be booked by calling 1-833-572-0577
For more information about the safety precautions in place during COVID-19 and what to expect from your next visit to the lab, please visit: https://www.albertaprecisionlabs.ca/pc/Page13726.aspx
For more information on COVID-19, including assessment and testing, visit: www.ahs.ca/covid