Win This Space is a new business recruitment initiative that encourages and inspires participants to explore their dreams of entrepreneurship and equips them with the tools and skills needed to open a business in Sylvan Lake’s beautiful Waterfront Commercial District.
Win This Space incorporates a business pitch competition alongside mentoring, business training, and networking opportunities; the grand prize is a rent-free storefront location for one year, along with additional business services!
“Sponsorship and community support are paramount to the success and vitality of the Win This Space Competition; we are so very grateful for both Community Futures, and the local Chamber of Commerce for stepping up and partnering with us – this is an exciting time,” said Amanda Mercer, Economic Development Officer, Town of Sylvan Lake.
While the initiative was approved by council earlier this year, and the town has yet to open the contest up for applications, they announced two major sponsors, which together ensure the initiative has the minimum amount required to move ahead.
- Community Futures Central Alberta has signed on as our presenting sponsor with a cash sponsorship of $10,000 in support of the Win This Space Program
- The Sylvan lake Chamber of Commerce’s, Waterfront Commercial District Committee has also committed to becoming a Community Champion sponsor with a $5,000 contribution.
A sponsorship package has been created, which includes opportunities for in-kind sponsorships from the community to enhance competition events, expand our marketing and add additional value to the grand prize, are now being sought out. A full sponsorship “wish-list” and package is available on the contest web page, at Sylvanlake.ca/WinThisSpace.
The goals of Win This Space Sylvan Lake include:
- Fill one storefront with a new business;
- Foster local entrepreneurship;
- Fill vacant storefronts downtown/downtown revitalization
- Foster community collaboration;
- Build relationships with partner organizations;
- Showcase our vibrant, resilient community as a year-round hub of excitement in Central Alberta.